Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Metal Detector Challenge Week 4 (Night 3)

No residual recovery jobs left over for Day 3, so I had the night to hunt for coins. I was chatting to my friend Tony from Jewellery Rescue who wanted to try some new hunting grounds. I met him at a harbour side park close to the city. Apparently this is quite an old park, so there was a good chance of finding some old predecimal coins. But unfortunately old coins are not going to help me in this challenge, unless I dig up a gold sovereign or 1930 penny. (the chances of this are very slim)..so I was back to targeting $1 and $2 coins. The area turned out to be a good spot. I arrived at 11pm and clocked off at 3am, and managed to find $62.50 in modern currency. I also found a couple of foreign coins, and 2 silver threepence's. I could have kept hunting for longer, but was feeling pretty tired and had to keep hiding from a park ranger because I didn't have Wilson on a leash. Not sure what the fine is for having a dog off a lead, but I am sure it would have wiped out what I had found for the night. So total for Week 4. Night 3 is $62.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment