Sunday, November 1, 2009

Metal Detector Challenge Week 4 (Day 1)

Ugh, first day of the last week of this Challenge, and I am off to an unproductive start. Being the stubborn person I am, I drove back up to Brisbane Waters to do a second search for Clayton's lost wedding ring from Week 2 of the challenge. This turned out to be a frustrating search. Firstly, the boat was moared in a stationary position. Clayton and his friend saw the exact spot the ring dropped, and the water was only 1.5/2meters deep. This time round I had Clayton move the boat so I could complete a better search. After another 5 hours plus in the water, still no wedding ring! I am totally baffled by this search. My theory is the heavy gold ring had sunk into the soft muddy bottom to a depth my metal detector cannot reach. I mentioned to Clayton that I did not want any money for the second search as he already over paid me the first time. But being the gentleman he is, Clayton bought me a case of cold beer which was needed after this unsuccessful search. So Day 1, $0 but lots of beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment